Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do You Have Any Tattoos and What Are Their Significance? (Mom)

I have 2 tattoos currently on my body. One is a rose located to the right of my belly button and the other is a tramp stamp (meaning on my lower back) of a tribal sun. The rose has no significance to me. I was dating a guy who had many tattoos and convinced me to get one and I agreed. He took me to the tattoo shop where he had gotten all of his tats. He didn’t tell me that it was owned and operated by skin heads. When I walked in I immediately noticed the tattoo artist had many, many tattoos on his head, neck and arms of white supremist things. He was very intimidating to look at. I quickly looked through the tattoo books but really didn’t have anything in mind. The bigger the tat the more money it costs. I had to look at tats that were low in price and that left a small amount to choose from. One of the things that was lower in cost was flowers for girls. I looked at all the roses and picked the one that looked the nicest and was affordable. I chose my stomach because I wanted it to be where I could show it to people only if I wanted to. I have never been a big fan of tattoos on girls on wrists, arms, legs and ankles. The tribal sun was a spur of the moment decision. I was working at a tanning salon at the time and my boss wanted to get a tattoo but she didn’t want to go by herself. She told me that if I went with her she would pay for a tattoo if I wanted one. Tattoos can be addictive for some reason. Once you have one you want more. Anyway, we went to a tattoo shop that I heard was very good at heir trade. We started to look through the books and I found the tribal sun, which is on my back. I loved to lay in warm tanning beds and in the sun so I figured it was appropriate and suited me. My boss saw the tat I chose and ended up getting a more feminine version of what I got. Feminine isn’t me at all so I didn’t mind. Once again I chose a spot, on my back, that if I didn’t want to show you it, you wouldn’t know I had it. The rest is in ink! Contrary to your Mimi’s beliefs I never chose spots where I could hide them from her. I just don’t think that it looks professional for some women to have tats all over their body in certain professions. At that point, I had no idea of where I would end up career wise and I didn’t want to take a chance of looking silly or unprofessional.

No comments: