Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do You Have Any Tattoos and What Are Their Significance? (Mimi)

I don't have any tattoos. But I do have a tattoo story although your mother doesn't remember it this way. Once upon a time, I was at work on a Saturday night and I got a call from your mother who was in tears. She had just gotten home after a really bad experience with a guy she was seeing at the time and needed her mommy. So I went home and she started to tell me about all the terrible things that had happened to her. She went on and on and her heart was breaking at being betrayed by this guy. I was devastated to hear that someone was cruel to my baby girl. She was crying and I was crying and suddenly, out of the blue, she blurted out..."and I have a tattoo!" And that was how I found out about your mother's rose tattoo.

I also found out about her second tattoo accidentally. If I remember that one, she was wearing a short top and it peaked out at me above the waistband of her shorts. I think I just shook my head and wondered what she was thinking since tattoos have never been attractive to me. Oh well, it was her body and she was a big girl at the time.

I never knew the stories behind your mom's tattoos until she wrote this Memory Jar entry for you. She said that I never asked and so she never told me before and she is probably right.

No comments: